Monday, January 31, 2011

Philippines- the Text Capital of the World

Filipino cell phone users have truly developed a culture of texting after the Philippines retained its title as the text messaging capital of the world - sending a remarkable 1.39 billion text messages from a subscriber base of just 50 million.
http://www.wayodd.com/the-philippines-reaffirms-status-as-text-messaging-capital-of-the-world/v/8783/


Reflection
Are you a Filipino if you don’t know what cellular phone and text messaging mean? Does it make you less Filipino if you never tried to text someone? Can you still remember how many text messages have you send today? For some, they think it’s a waste but for most, they know it’s already engraved in our Philippine way of life. With unlimited call, text and mobile surfing, plan, and other freebies offered by different networks, how come no one can be lured by such? I'm actually registered to one-day unlimited text as for the moment.

This virtual bond in our society created a turning point of our generation. I reckon it’s really difficult to limit sending text messages for it makes long distance relationship with my family and friends just seconds away. Knowing that my little phone can over speed the swiftness of the fastest road-legal car -Bugatti Veyron, no wonder Filipinos are more practically rich than other branded nations. If I wish that every contact I have around the globe can picture out every detail of my life, it is absolutely granted through constant group sending. Many aspects of my life become convenient.

Conversely, have you experienced difficulty in spelling certain common words? Yes, I am aware that continuous usage of text messaging can conceive a destructive effect of the human skill because freedom is genuinely exercised through texting. I have the power to be boring, creative, “jejemon,” and everything under the sun. I have even tried answering an essay question in which I confidently used “u”-originally “you,” over and over again.(LOL)

The main point is, when we text, we help our economy! Why? It happens because the further we allocate and spend, the more money circulates. Therefore, our economy grows faster and quicker. I’m so happy that I have already contributed much. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE!

    You have created a nice reaction paper. It expresses your personal encounter in real life. Carry on!=D

    score:25/25

    FEATURED

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very many more much sir....:)

    ReplyDelete